Pages

After 9 Years...

Yesterday I decided to get a sub for my class and go with my friend/cousin Heather to get my hair done. I don't do much with my hair, but whenever I do, there is always 1 question in my mind: Should I keep the long hair, or should I just chop it all off? So once again, this has been the big debate in the Romberg home since I made the appointment 2 weeks ago. There were positives to both. Everyone knows me for my long hair, and I get a lot of compliments on it. I really do like my long hair! But at the same time, it is so hard to manage, and I've always wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love. But in order to do that, I need to go short! What to do? What to do?
When Heather and I got to the salon, I was still debating while Heather was getting her hair done. I was talking to the stylist (Heather's cousin) about the Locks of Love possibility. She said I would need 10 inches and then I'd take the hair home and mail it off myself. Seemed easy enough, but I continued to debate. Well, I sat down in the chair and we talked about what a good length would be on me... Then we measured the 10 inches just to see. 10 inches of my hair was practically nothing! Well I debated and debated... And decided to just do it!
We let Heather cut the actually pony tail off. She has pictures of that. But by the end of the day, my hair was a total of 17 inches shorter and in and envelope to Locks of Love to help someone who needed my hair more than I did! I hope people will still like me even though my hair is short, but as the title says, it's been 9 years since I've done anything with my hair... it was about time, and it will grow back. But I like it! I've always wanted to donate it, so I figured now would be a good time! I'm excited about and hope you are too! There are even some baby-bump pictures! Enjoy!



















Kristie Romberg

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

16 comments:

Kacie said...

what... have... you... done... Just kidding Kristie. I say, it's about time. I loved your hair, but as your sister, I do know what a pain it is. I loved my hair long too, but it was too hard to do. So I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised how fast it will take you to do your hair now. It's not as short as I thought it was going to be. It's about as short as mine maybe even longer. Do you like it?

Anonymous said...

I love it.. it will be so much easier to manage with a baby! A change is always nice, especially when you are pregnant!

TheOrttFamily said...

Wow..love it looks great! you crack me up by the way...me I am like ok It's been 2 months I need a change..hehe

Derek and Tomi said...

oh i like it! its way cute. and girl its not short at all. my hair is short!!

Kyle Kelley Family said...

Kristie! Thanks for yesterday! It was so much fun going out with you and just having a girls day! I think it was much needed! I really do love your hair! I think it's super cute! What do you think about blow drying your hair now? Thanks again for a great day! We will need to do it again sometime!

Sarah said...

Very cute . . . and congrats on donating to a great cause!

Dani said...

I still love you with your short hair! It's adorable!

Dust + Hil said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! It is so cute! That is a great length for you. I bet your head feels like its floating on a cloud. That is how I feel everytime I cut my hair. Looks Good!

Madison Grunig said...

Looks wonderful! I love a change. Erin cut my hair in September and I donated it to Locks of Love too. You're looking great!

Kenneth and Valerie Romberg said...

What does Clayton say? Looks really cute.
I've gone long, you've gone short. We are Yo Yo's

Cecily said...

You look great.
What a head of healthy hair.
Locks of Love lucked out!

Cecily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Critchfield fam said...

Oh my gosh, you're pregnant!! You look soooo cute! You can't even tell from behind. Congrats! I LOVE your hair. You're so brave!! Are you having a boy or girl?? When are you due??

Critchfield fam said...

Okay, so it looks like you're having a boy, fun! I love your kitchen and bedroom sayings on your walls. So cute. I really want to copy them. Someday I totally will, hope you don't mind, lol.

Tammy said...

It looks great! I cut 9 inches off mine, but it's to my chin!